Jasper, The Sex Stone
Sexual Potency. Rejuvenate. Fertility
The ancient Egyptians wore Jasper scarabs as amulets, as this stone was believed to increase sexual energy. According to the Bible, it was a direct gift from God and would be the first foundation stone of the New Jerusalem. Also, both Indians in Asia as well as Native Americans see it as a magical rain stone and also a powerful healing stone.
It is an opaque and fine grained variety, composed mostly of Chalcedony, microcrystalline Quartz, in association with other minerals, which is what give it those colorful bands and patterns. It is found in almost all colors. Found worldwide, a wide variety of named Jaspers is found in the western areas of the Unites States; California, Oregon, Idaho, Utah, Wyoming, and Washington.
Metaphysical Properties of Jasper
Legend says that Jasper was used to drive away evil spirits and protect the bearer against snake and spider bites. In the fourth century, it was thought to bring about the rain when directed correctly. Traditionally, when worn as a decorative necklace, Jasper is known to combat exhaustion and fatigue. Aligning all the chakras and balancing the yin/yang energies, it is stabilizing and healing as well as grounding.
Jaspers of all kinds have long been attributed magical powers in just about every culture known to man.
When laid on therapeutically, red version of this stone stimulates sexuality and fertility. Red-brown is particularly beneficial in the treatment of liver, spleen and pancreas issues.
Drinking an elixir of water one hour before each meal is said to promote weight loss (to create an elixir water, place the stone each night into a glass of water and cover, by morning it will be ready).
Zodiac Properties of Jasper
Zodiac Stone of: Scorpio and Aries as well as Virgo
Associations: Pluto, Mercury, Mars
Birthstone: Mystical Birthstone for the Month of August
Jasper symbolizes will power, and in the Middle Ages it was known as the Warrior’s Stone. Legend states that it is the stone that adorned Siegfried’s Sword.
Chakra Properties of Jasper
Jasper in general is known to align All of The Chakras simultaneously. Specifically though…
- Yellow works specifically with the 2nd, Sacral Chakra
- Red is associated with the 1st, Root/Base Chakra and the 2nd Sacral Chakra
- Black is also related to the 1st, Root/Base Chakra
- Leopardskin has properties of protecting 2nd, Sacral Chakra but is associated mainly with the 1st, Root/Base Chakra
- Ocean is associated with the 4th, Heart Chakra
Benefits of Jasper
- A rock that stands for the combined powers of Fire and Earth.
- Jasper is a natural stone that is widely popular for curing serious physical illnesses such as Sciatica, Low Blood Circulation, Foot Problems, Stomach Pain and Pancreatic disorders too.
- Jasper activates the Base Chakra and was known to be the rain bringer to Native Americans. The stone stands for prosperity, fertility, protection and to block intimidations.