December 17 2019 – Adrian Jade
Vitality • Patience • Peace
Melanite is a polished dark garnet gemstone that is often confused with "titanian andradite" because of its titanium content.
In Hindu mythology, melanite is related to the first chakra, or the "root chakra". The Root Chakra is named Mūlādhāra in Sanskrit. It is the first of our energy centers and forms the basis and the starting point for our development.
The vital life force energy of Root Chakra begins at conception and continues with life force energy dividing the cells during Embryogenesis. The spinal column begins to develop from the bottom (root chakra) moving to up (crown chakra), and then organs begin to develop.
Melanite helps in removing any energies or evil eyes blocking the root chakra and therefore it boosts the intellect, sexual desires and feelings of safety and stability.
Furthermore, this magical gemstone is believed to be a good stone to protect from nightmares and bring positive energy to newly acquired homes.
Benefits of Melanite:
- Melanite has a deep, strong grounding energy, and is an effective psychic protection stone. It intensifies your creative energies and stimulates positive feelings.
- Wearing melanite as a bracelet provides protection against enemies as well as nightmares.
- Hindu mythology suggests Melanite activates the Root Chakra, cures spinal issues and enlivens sexual appetite.
- This is a powerful stone to connect you with yourself. It boosts one's own power, a power that you may not yet have fully realized or utilized.
- Melanie is a type of garnet and therefore the properties of garnet can also be associated with it. Hence, it is believed to energize positive energy, help fearlessness, give security and balance, and increase innovativeness.
- This gemstone is believed to help in bronchial clutters and in the treatment of assimilation of calcium, magnesium and iron.
- Melanite is also known as titanian andradite owing to the titanium composition in it.
- It is found in Russia, Azerbaijan, Mali (Africa), Mexico, Germany, France, Italy and the USA (Arizona, Colorado and California).
- It has a hardness from 6.5 to 7 on the Mohs hardness scale and therefore it's suitable for jewelry.
Disclaimer: Metaphysical and Alternative Crystal Healing Powers and Properties are not to be taken as confirmed advice. Traditional, Ceremonial and Mythological Gemstone Lore is collected from various resources and is not the sole opinion of AdrianJade.com or the company. This information is not to replace the advice of your doctor. Should you have any medical conditions, please see a licensed medical practitioner. AdrianJade.com does not guarantee any claims or statements of healing or astrological birthstone powers and cannot be held liable under any circumstances.