October 16 2019 – Adrian Jade
Joy. Forgiveness. Happiness
Clinohumite can make beautiful gemstones with rich colours, but these members of the humite mineral group are rare and little known to the gem buying public.
Clinohumite was first discovered in 1876. Until recently, it was thought to be one of the ten rarest gemstones in the world, with only a few thousand carats worth of gemstones known to exist in private collections.
The first specimens of clinohumite were discovered in limestone blocks that had erupted from Mount Vesuvius near Naples, Italy. Later, more deposits of clinohumite were discovered in the France, Russia and Tanzania.
Benefits of Clinohumite:
- Clinohumite is relatively unknown and especially rare, thus it lacks much of the lore that many other gemstones carry. However, there are still quite a few metaphysical beliefs associated with this rare golden gemstone.
- It is thought to carry a spicy type of energy; both revitalizing and energizing. It is believed to allow energy to flow freely between the navel and solar plexus chakras.
- Wearing Clinohumite along with
lapislazuli is ideal for detoxifying the liver, energy circulation, and to dilate blood vessels.
- It also heals depression, eyesight troubles, relaxes the mind, treats insomnia, and sets the circadian rhythm right.
- Popular as a spicy kind of stone, Clinohumite stone permits free energy flow through the pelvis and solar plexus chakras. The gem also helps in improving the focus, enhance, creativity and urge to be productive in the owner.
- Clinohumite is considered to be quite durable with a hardness of 6 on the Mohs scale of mineral hardness. Thus, it is actually quite suitable for most jewelry designs. However, owing to the rarity of this fine gem, it likely won't ever be found in any local retail jewelry stores.
- Do not use any harsh cleaning agents, especially bleach and acid. These gemstones can be wiped with a soft cloth or brush and a mild soap or detergent if needed. Be sure to rinse your stones well using warm or room-temperature water to remove soapy residue.
- It is mainly found in the Mahenge Plateau in Tanzania, Mountains of Tajikistan, the Taymyr region of Russia, Mt. Vesuvius in Italy and Pargas in Finland
Disclaimer: Metaphysical and Alternative Crystal Healing Powers and Properties are not to be taken as confirmed advice. Traditional, Ceremonial and Mythological Gemstone Lore is collected from various resources and is not the sole opinion of AdrianJade.com or the company. This information is not to replace the advice of your doctor. Should you have any medical conditions, please see a licensed medical practitioner. AdrianJade.com, its partners, affiliates, members or associates